Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rumsfeld Fired

Heard about Donald Rumsfeld's resignation while driving back from the White Rock Weaving Center. I'm not sure if my reaction was more of a sigh of relief or a slap on the forehead that this didn't happen a year ago.

I listened to President Bush's news conference where he announced Rumsfeld's resignation and cringed when he said he'd talked with Bob Gates about replacing Rumsfeld on Sunday. I knew that in saying this just days after President Bush had said Rumsfeld would stay on for the last two years of the Bush administration, liberals would have a new Bush lied meme. It's sad when liberals are as predictable as this.

President Bush spent a lot of time talking about working with the new Democrat leadership and bipartisanship. I wonder how many Democrats would talk about bipartisanship under the same circumstances. Just another example of the difference between Republicans and Democrats.