Sunday, March 04, 2007

Best Buy Confirms Secret Website

I got this story from the Liberal Avenger.

Under pressure from state investigators, Best Buy is now confirming my reporting that its stores have a secret intranet site that has been used to block some consumers from getting cheaper prices advertised on BestBuy.com.

Company spokesman Justin Barber, who in early February denied the existence of the internal website that could be accessed only by employees, says his company is "cooperating fully" with the state attorney general's investigation.

Barber insists that the company never intended to mislead customers.

I'm glad there are people vigilant enough to pursue these problems. I'm not smart enough. My husband says that whenever he has bought something from Best Buy, he buys it on-line, then just picks up the item in the store.