Saturday, March 24, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. Is there an environmentally friendly way to hold a car wash? Our church youth group held a car wash today to raise money for the teenagers to go to the Presbyterian Youth Triennium this summer at Purdue University. Watching all that water literally going down the drain, it made me wonder if there's a better way to do a car wash that doesn't waste so much water.

2. Why do people lie about being kidnapped? Do they really think they won't get caught? This case isn't the first I've seen like this. The girls said they were "afraid they were going to get in trouble" for being out late. How much worse trouble does one get into for filing a false police report?

3. Does anybody understand the offsides rule of soccer? I've watched my kiddoes play for close to a decade (the oldest now plays in high school, my son is on a youth league team) and I still don't think I understand that rule.