Monday, July 09, 2007

I Must've Missed Live Earth

I guess I missed the Live Earth concerts, what with my busy day Saturday washing the car and mowing the grass.

But it looks like I wasn't alone in ignoring one more lecture from the privileged set on how I shouldn't drive an SUV but it's ok for them to jet from concert appearance to concert appearance. I'm sure my Hyundai Santa Fe puts out more greenhouse gases, right?

NewsBusters "touches" on the softer side of Live Earth news.

The Q and O Blog notes the suburb-sized carbon footprint of the entertainers.

Ann Althouse notes the unimaginative uses for recycled products suggested now versus then. It's funny, back during the Depression, when people hadn't heard of recycling, they sure found ways to reuse everything, including unravelling the string from the potato sacks to knit them back into dishcloths. Does anyone use dishcloths these days?