Friday, October 10, 2008

The Unhinged and the Proud

Dana links to this Jesse Taylor post at Pandagon:

Do we need to worry about conservative white rioting?

It's an amusing question. Yes, white people have soooo much history of rioting when a decision doesn't go their way.

It seems to me that the question was obviously snarky, but going down into the comments, you realize that the unhinged Left aren't taking it that way.

We don’t call it white rioting in the US, we call it martial law and I would not be too surprised if the Republicans tried to impose it regardless of the election results next month ...

Oh, and don’t forget they have guns. And live in small towns where, as long as they’re white and don’t have a significant criminal record, they often get a pass from local authorities on things like “suspicious activity” .

Though I have to say I’m not so much worried about mass rioting, more like either pogroms or a militia comeback...

If they can’t win straight out, they may look to violence. And as some others have said, that’s exactly the kind of intimidation they will profit by...

I’m thinking it’ll be mostly vigilantism on a local scale. I would not be surprised if there was an increase in lynching and other racially motivated acts of terrorism...

They have guns. But they’re also fat & stupid. And soon, living in cars and on the street with the rest of us...

Did Republican honkeys riot the last time a Democrat won? If I remember Florida correctly, yes, they certainly did. And that was for a candidate who’d been pushing himself as a compassionate guy, not someone who’d been pushing the base to ratchet up the crazy...

They already did in Florida when Gore won in 2000. It was the rioting that caused that simpering twit Anthony Kennedy to cast his lot with the majority in Bush v. Gore...


Here was my favorite:
I have never met a Republican that I liked. I have never been friends with one. None of the music, books, records or poems I like were created by Republicans.

In fact, everything that is wrong in my life was created or supported by Republicans or conservative thinking. Any attempt at bettering the world is resisted by their mindset too.

The truth is, the world doesn’t need any Republicans.


After reading comments like these, and idiots like Pho, Mike G, and Thomas Tallis, there's a part of me that is ready for an Obama victory. Because then I will declare a "NO EXCUSES" zone here and at Common Sense Political Thought. And it will be fun watching them try to make excuses for what happens when Obama screws everything up royally.

Frankly, I'm tired of nutbags who say things like "What does Iraq have to do with freedom of speech?" because they think it's really clever. A part of me thinks it's just to freakin' bad the military can't cross those people off the list of who they will protect.

But regardless, the rumors of white rioting are vastly overrated.