Thursday, October 02, 2008

Beginning of the End?

John McCain is pulling out of Michigan, and with it, some are tossing in the towel.

Pennsylvania's next. It's over. Get used to saying, "President Obama."


Ugh, "President Obama" makes me vomit.

I'm not sure it's time to hang up the cleats and get good and drunk yet. The last time I voted for a losing candidate was Ross Perot in 1996. And years of being a liberal had taught me what losing looked like, so that's not a problem either.

Right now, I'm frustrated because the McCain campaign has been unwilling to do what it takes to win; namely, pointing out to every person with a brain what an unprepared, naive, leftwing neophyte Barack Obama is. And "he's black" isn't reason enough to vote for anyone.

Years from now, I hope the history books will accurately reflect the in-kind contribution American journalism made to the Barack Obama campaign. And when they start running the "Obama bad" stories in February, everybody should just take their pitchforks and torches to the local media outlet and set it afire because that's about all it's worth at this point.