Monday, December 18, 2006

Discovering New Weblogs

After reading the Weblog Awards yesterday, I started looking at some of the winning websites and found some interesting ones. Currently, my favorite of those I discovered is the Moderate Voice.

While I can't say I agree with everything I read there (I am a conservative, after all), I've found articles I agree with (this post which discusses differing opinions on America's use of aid in foreign diplomacy), some I disagree with (such as this discussion about a new touchy-feely approach to foreign policy), and some that just made me think (this post discussing what we should be doing/changing about the military).

I've said frequently that I like visiting sites I disagree with, not just because I love to argue (although I do), but because it's always interesting to try to get a different perspective. The Moderate Voice seems to do a good job using a variety of sources for material, and using sources that haven't been used everywhere else. I like the emphasis from foreign policy sources and expect I'll have this one bookmarked for quite a while.