Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Your Pledge?

Here's the video of Hollywood celebrities pledging fealty to Teh One.

MySpace Celebrity and Katalyst present The Presidential Pledge


Ok, here's my pledge:

1. To laugh mercilessly at stupid people who make dumb pledges to grab attention.

2. To recognize that smiling at my fellow Americans isn't going to do a damn thing to help the economy.

3. To refrain from participating in hero worship of a U.S. president.

4. To mock those who think "being a mentor to my siblings" is a political statement.

5. To question what took these people so long to decide to be good parents, help their siblings, and generally behave like responsible adults.


I add these to my outstanding pledges about Barack Obama:

1. I won't call for Obama's impeachment because he enacts policies with which I disagree.

2. I won't compare Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler or Nazis.

What's your pledge?

UPDATE: Good explanation of just how loathesome these people are.
President Bush was not holding back Moore from “free[ing] one million people from slavery in the next five years.” Nor was he holding back the Obama-biquitous Will.I.Am from “chang[ing] how [he] live[s].” Ditto: Aaron Ekhart (”To be a better person,”) Marisa Tomei (”To integrate into my heart what I already know in my head which is that we are all in this together,”) Kutcher (”To the abolition to 21st century slavery,”) Anthony Kiedis (”To be of service to Barack Obama,”) P. Diddy (” pledge to turn the lights off, cause I used to leave the lights on but we want to conserve energy so I’ma turn the lights off, you turn the lights off,) and all-in-unison (”Because together we can, together we are, and together we will be the change that we seek.”)