Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too Serious by Far

Here's the video:



I thought it was actually kinda funny, but evidently some people don't think so.

This whole thing went down, I shit you not, at a National Automobile Dealers Association conference, where the ugliness of feminists is obviously an important topic. Those guys laughing in the background? Those are the dudes that want to sell you your next car, con you into the undercoat you don't need and generally treat you as an inferior being because you're a female who, naturally, knows nothing about big, complex machines.

Is a joke about an ugly woman campaigning for abortion rights really about all women? I don't think so. But I think if you see yourself in such a joke, then you need to examine why you are ugly (and now, I'm not talking about physical features).

There are plenty of things to complain about with car dealers, but I don't think a joke like this qualifies as a 'douchebag.'