Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I'm Not Ready to Become a Mouth-Breathing, Cliche-Spouting Troglodyte, Or What I Learned from the Moonbatosphere

I've been told repeatedly that I am really bad at put-downs. I attribute this to my upbringing, where calling your sibling a pig would get your mouth washed out. I guess I just never learned the fine art of hating.

The story of the batshit crazy woman who treated an invitation to create a Christmas ornament for the White House trees as her opportunity to display her ignorance, hatred and stupidity is just the latest example.

See, if I were a batshit crazy woman asked to create a Christmas ornament (and I hated Christmas) for an administration I hysterically opposed, I would have simply sent back the invitation with a big "HELL NO!" written in crayon across it.

Not subtle at all.

Instead, batshit crazy woman took the opportunity to not only celebrate the communist, anti-American aspects of Washington state history, but to malign and call for the impeachment of the very president who gave her the opportunity to create the Christmas ornament (and she hates Christmas).

If Barack Obama gave me the opportunity to create a Christmas ornament--and I hated Christmas with all my knuckle-dragging soul--I would either have turned it down or created what most people would consider an appropriate ornament. Maybe non-sectarian. Maybe kitchy. Certainly nonpolitical. After all, it's not my place to moon the White House because I disagree with them.

So, as I've said, I'm just not ready to become a mouth-breathing troglodyte like so many on the Left. I mean, I can't even write hysteria like this:

"Gracious" people do not steal elections, subvert the Rule of Law and the judiciary and the Department of Justice, attack and occupy sovereign states for imperialist goals, profit from the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, order the death/maiming of tens of thousands of our own troops in a war of naked aggression forged in lies, loot the treasury and destroy the futures of America's children, channel fortunes to cronies, attack the Constitution and its protections against tyranny, destroy America's position in world opinion, and so much more. Gracious people don't do these things. Thugs and ghouls do.

And I wonder if four years of Barack Obama will allow me to not only sound so repulsive, hate-filled, and stupid but will also find thousands of posts and comments from nuts who will repeat the mantra again and again.

Somehow, I doubt it. Because I'm just not good enough at being a whiny, eyes-bulging, perpetually-offended jerk.