Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some Days, I Don't Want To Be Everybody's Mother

And that includes whiny, obnoxious bloggers who demand that you point out every place they've lied or stretched the truth when all they have to do is a simple search here or at CSPT. I'll update when I feel like it.

Expect said whiny, obnoxious blogger to cry and whine that I didn't give *examples* of whiny and obnoxious behavior.

UPDATE: Here are a couple of threads with examples of said bloggers lies and obfuscations. Notice how each and every argument is punctuated with insults, name-calling, and fact-twisting. This is why I said this person lies and will continue pointing out this person lies. But a couple of examples (I know, I'm giving this far more attention than it deserves):

1. It's a lie to say I didn't provide intellectual arguments against gay marriage. Just because you support gay marriage does not automatically make all arguments against it emotional.

2. It's a lie that other groups seeking to marry cannot and will not use the same arguments as those supporting gay marriage. I even linked to groups which did so.

3. There's your list of "22 things" I believe about gay marriage, all of which are strawmen and not based in my actual words.

And in other lists, there are numerous examples of you lying about my positions. You lied that I "returned with a bunch of whining" because I rebutted your arguments.

Then there are the literally hundreds of ad hominem attacks in any given thread. It's an utterly dishonest way of arguing because your arguments do not support themselves, but it is par for the course for you. Instead of acknowledging where there is commonality in a discussion, we are treated to long, rambling comments with regards to the Bush administration, Republicans in general, habeas corpus, etc. sprinkled liberally with accusations of dishonesty, stupidity and so on. This is standard argumentation at Iowa Liberal, but it doesn't make it compelling. Maybe that's why you seem to have so much time on your hands. Now, go nuts in the comments because I won't be responding.