Friday, July 25, 2008

Can I Have 2 LOLs of the Day?

Because this cheap defense for John Edwards infidelity qualifies.

I don't know--and I don't care--if former Senator John Edwards has a love child with some woman. It's none of my business and it's none of anyone else's business but his and Elizabeth Edwards. Don't look now, but the evidence on this is so thin you can see through it in the dark. John Edwards is not running around telling people what to do in their marriage so he's NOT a hypocrite, despite everything you're reading from the right wing smear merchants in this country. It's sad that I have to say all of that--it really is. In a mature country that has a healthy attitude about marriage, sex and politics, this wouldn't be an issue. If fathering a child out of wedlock disqualified someone from being President, or an influential leader, or someone who spoke truth to power, there wouldn't be anyone left worth listening to.


Emphasis mine.

So, is Warren Street really saying that everybody has illegitimate children, or at least should aspire to have them? I know Dana has argued that we shouldn't call liberals stupid, but, seriously, how dumb can one get?