Thursday, July 10, 2008

FISA Hysteria

Is it possible for liberals to not get hysterical about any political issue? I've seen "the sky is falling" posts about troop funding, oil drilling, the minimum wage, judicial appointments and now FISA.

This rambling post on Delaware Liberal has to be todays Screamer.

It took me about five paragraphs to realize that DonViti was ready to slit his wrists because Democrats capitulated yet again to that crafty (or is it moronic? It's so hard to tell without a scorecard) President Bush over FISA.

There are so many hilarious sections of the post. It reminds me of a 10-year-old claiming his parents are "ruining his life" because they imposed some unwanted restriction.

What is wrong? I ask myself to the point of tears almost. I really do, honestly, I get a sunken feeling in and around my heart when I wonder what the fuck is going on with this country? I mean what the fuck man? I don’t get it. I just don’t get it. It hurts me inside to know that such a small majority of MY country is controlling me.

Crying? Really? Because the government has granted immunity to telecoms for cooperating with the government after 9/11? Really?

I was quite astonished at the level of emotion over this issue. DonViti goes on to compare passing legislation with rape (I'm not making this up). I'm not a bra-burner, but I find rape analogies to be quite offensive. Lots of things might bother you, but they don't amount to rape. Only idiots and insensitive clods (hello, Clayton Williams) use them. I always find it astounding when such silliness comes from the Left. Aren't these guys supposed to be more sensitive about these things than us cold-hearted conservatives?

But I keep forgetting that not getting their way is personal with liberals. So, I guess it's time for the die-hards to close the blinds and hide under the beds because the big, bad telecoms are gonna listen in on their conversations with Aunt Maude in Boca Raton.