Saturday, January 02, 2010

Banning

Patterico has been banned from Little Green Footballs for disagreeing with Charles Johnson, so Patterico is asking for people to tell their tales of LGF banning.

I haven't been banned from LGF, primarily because I've never tried to comment there. I'm sure I wouldn't last long. I have been banned from commenting at Echidne of the Snakes, and can't even see Pandagon after frustrating Amanda by calling her on her bullshit. I've also been banned and restored at a couple of other sites.

I must say that the first time or two I was banned from someone's site, I felt ashamed and chastised. But once I was banned from the Mahablog for offering a (respectful) counterargument to the one presented in a post, I realized that liberals use banning when they can't rebut conservative ideas. So, the fact that Charles Johnson has resorted to banning anyone for pointing out inconvenient truths doesn't surprise me in the least. Johnson is determined that all conservatives are racists and all racists are conservatives, and he isn't about to let facts get in the way of that premise.