Monday, September 17, 2007

Match Game Panelist Brett Somers Dies

I loved watching The Match Game when I was a kid. There was a lot of humor in it that was way too adult for me to understand, and later I watched the show in reruns laughing very hard at all the jokes that went over my head when I was 10.

Sadly, none of the later reincarnations matched the original show, but that's probably because of the chemistry between Gene Rayburn, Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Richard Dawson. It's fascinating watching the four of them work jokes off each other. The easy banter was fun and entertaining, more so than questions like, "Dumb Dora was so dumb, she thought a pastie was something you blanked."

Now comes news that Brett Somers has died. Her many fans (including me!) will miss her.