Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I Don't Support the Troops..oops, there, I said it"

At least this nut at Daily KOS is honest about it.

Until we have another draft, this is a volunteer armed services. I am not even beginning to count the numerous mercenaries that are involved in the occupation. You signed up, you get to go to the desert and risk being shot at by brown skinned people who don't believe the lies you've been told. A war of aggression is immoral, period. If you believe in God, you can damned well be sure you are going to hell for your participation in it. The only troop I support is the man or woman who refuses to be deployed so that they can make the middle east accessible to profiteers who don't give a flying F about morality or democracy. Or a soldier's life.

I'm always amazed when people who profess not to believe in God want to tell the rest of us what God will do. It basically comes down to this: I (said atheist) don't believe in God, but if I did, He would have to agree with me about what constituted sin and what did not. Therefore, because I hate this war--and, really, any war that doesn't benefit me personally--God must hate it, too.

Jules Crittenden compares this KOS post with this opinion piece from Richard Yeomans at Connecticut State University. Yeomans seems to have a problem distinguishing between Osama bin Laden and George Bush. It doesn't surprise me, considering I've seen first hand the way lefties can't bring themselves to admit that someone is a bigger problem than our current president.

Thank God for the internet, where people can be brave enough to anonymously not support our troops.