Says Sally Field at the Emmy Awards. Nutroots are horrified that Fox didn't allow Field's pottymouth on national television, but I doubt it would qualify under the new "fleeting expletive" standard, a standard no mother would allow to go unpunished in real life.
So, if mothers ruled the world, what else would happen?
1. All countries would have to be in bed at 10 p.m.
2. No telephone would be used after 10 p.m. weekdays and midnight on weekends.
3. Older countries would be expected to set good examples for newer ones.
4. Punishment for bullies would be swift and severe, running right up against Field's assumption that there would be no wars.
5. All lawns would be mown weekly and the trash bins set out without comment.
6. Countries which engage in gossip, don't do their homework, backtalk Mom (Europe) or Dad (America) would be punished both by having to apologize to siblings, give siblings a big hug, and forfeit their allowance (revenues) for a specified period of time. You listening, Middle East?
7. Curse words would be punished with some good ol' Ivory soap and a timer.
I dunno where Field gets the idea there would be no wars if mothers were in charge. She must not have been to a kids' soccer game lately where coaches and referees don't tolerate the nastiness of moms from the bleachers.