Thursday, February 01, 2007

TruthOut Funnies

I found TruthOut from reading posts by my friend Dana from Common Sense Political Thought.

The reading there is quite fascinating. I can think of several moonbats who must feel at home there. But I had to laugh when I read this lede:

Copies of handwritten notes by Vice President Dick Cheney, introduced at trial by defense attorneys for former White House staffer I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, would appear to implicate George W. Bush in the Plame CIA Leak case.

My immediate response was, implicate him in what? That he knew Plame's identity? He's the President!

I know there are Lefties who clapped their hands at the news that President Bush might have known about Plame, but given that no crime was committed, it's pretty difficult to get worked up at this "implication." I'm sure it doesn't stop the folks at TruthOut, though.

Here's the note TruthOut is so excited about:
Cheney's notes would have read "not going to protect one staffer and sacrifice the guy this Pres. asked to stick his head in the meat grinder because of the incompetence of others." The words "this Pres." were crossed out and replaced with "that was," but are still clearly legible in the document.

The problem with this rather twisted view of the note is that "this Pres." doesn't make sense in context,where as "that was" does.
Wells's line of questioning is an attempt to shift the blame for the leak squarely onto the shoulders of the White House - a tactic aimed at confusing the jury - and will likely unravel because it has nothing to do with the perjury and obstruction-of-justice charges at the heart of the case against Libby. Still, Tuesday's testimony implicating President Bush may be the most important fact that has emerged from the trial thus far.

Meaning that nothing important has emerged from this trial.

The interesting part is that there is far more to the note from Cheney than just this convoluted sentence. It says:
People have made too much of the difference in how I described Karl and Libby.

I've talked to Libby.

I said it was rediculous [sic] about Karl and it is rediculous [sic] about Libby.

Libby was not the source of the Novak story.

And he did not leak classified information

I guess TruthOut wasn't interested in that part of the note.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that the Vice President of the United States can't spell ridiculous.