Saturday, February 21, 2009

Democrisy in Action

It's good to know that the whack jobs on the Left are so concerned about political speech in America. According to Pandora, "stop him" means "kill him," but only when it applies to Barack Obama.

I don't recall seeing this sort of outrage from the hysterical left when a Nobel Peace Prize winner said she'd love to kill President Bush for the sake of "peace."



Perhaps I just wasn't looking hard enough to notice the condemnation from the Left about Death of a President or T-shirts that glorified assassinating a president. Must've missed that.



But now, Pandora is upset because Alan Keyes--that spokesperson for the GOP (NOT)-- said:

“Obama is a radical communist and I think it is becoming clear. That is what I told people in Illinois and now everybody realizes it is coming true. He is going to destroy this country and we are either going to stop him or the United States of America is going to cease to exist.”


Or that Rush Limbaugh said:
Within, within the confine of our Constitution and the political arena of ideas. They must be stopped. I don’t care why they see this county the way the see it. I don’t care why a murderer does it. I don’t care why a rapist does it. I don’t care why this Muslim guy offed his wife’s head. The “Now Gang” is out there saying “Ah now that’s not domestic violence, that’s just uh, that’s just uh, what’d they call it, “culturally honor killing” and this woman was gonna divorce him…it’s against the law, and, and, and, that’s that’s…that’s his diversity. You know it, uh, I don’t care… I don’t care why anymore. I mean, if I figure it out, I will be glad to tell you, because its interesting to know, but it doesn’t matter in terms of defeating them.

Because, you know, when someone says "within the confines of our Constitution" he really means "grab a rifle." I mean, no sane person would read "within the confines of our Constitution" to mean "within our political system."

Of course not.

The real reason the Pandoras of the world want to gin up this fake rhetorical war is that they are so blind to the behavior of their own kind. So, when a leftwinger makes a movie fantasizing about killing a U.S. president, we're supposed to consider it art. Or when leftwing blogs call for shooting all Republicans, that's just rhetorical excess. Well, why doesn't "rhetorical excess" work both ways? And why is it that when those on the Right speak in moderated tones ("stop him"), it becomes violent speech when heard by the Left?