Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ann Coulter Wants John Edwards Killed By Terrorists! Well, Not Quite

Sometimes the spin from the nutroots is unbelievable.

Take this mud-slinging at Crooks and Liars (a more apt name I've yet to come across).

From an e-mail from John Edwards’ Campaign:

Dear Friend,

Yesterday, Jonathan told you that the folks who benefit from the status quo are attacking John personally because they don’t want the country to hear his message.

And you know what happened when we called them out? The attacks started pouring in.

That same day, the Ann Coulter-wannabe Michelle Malkin blasted John on her blog. Fox News has been bashing him around the clock. And Coulter herself said, "if I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

As usual, that's not quite what Coulter said. From NewsBusters, we get the real quote.
But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So I've learned my lesson. If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.

It kinda sounds different when put in context, doesn't it?

I'm not a real Ann Coulter fan anymore (as I wrote here). I used to like reading Ann's books and columns, but the ratcheted-up vitriol has gotten on my nerves. Plus the fact that every time Ann talks, John Edwards breaks out a new fundraising letter.

Cross-posted at Common Sense Political Thought.

UPDATE: Lizzie Edwards just came out of chemo and her campaign for sainthood to confront Coulter and beg her not to be a meanie to her husband. She doesn't want Coulter to be so "personal." Funny, she could have used her own advice when lambasting her neighbor.