Sunday, June 24, 2007

I'm Back!

We got back today from San Antonio. We had a wonderful time, even though it was a five-hour drive with two small kids squabbling, two surly teenagers, and my husband who gets carsick easily (thank God for Dramamine!).

We went to Fiesta Texas Friday and I like it better than the Six Flags in Arlington. Maybe it is because there's a cool water park attached to it. Maybe it's because there seemed to be more to do than just ride 80 rollercoasters. Maybe it's because I liked the shows they had (I know I'm getting old when I actually want to watch the shows). Whatever the reason, we had a blast, even though there was a torrential downpour for about 30-45 min. in the afternoon.

Saturday, we had planned to go to Sea World, but at 50 bucks a pop, we decided we could find a better use for $300. Instead, we went to the San Antonio Zoo, which was very nice. As a docent told us, the San Antonio Zoo is known for its birds and there were a lot of them. Since we got our parakeets, we've become fascinated with birds, and so it was a real treat to see so many different kinds in one place.

We drove back today and traffic wasn't too bad. The weather was nice the entire time we were there (albeit, with some rain), and nobody argued too much! Who could ask for more?