Sunday, March 30, 2008

Democrat Implosion?

I wouldn't want anyone to think I want the Democrats to win in November, but, frankly, I think handing Al Gore the nomination because he's seen as a uniter, not a divider would be both insulting and permanently damaging to the Democratic Party. Are these people crazy?

Well, I don't think they are that crazy, but the 100 Years War for the nomination between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama highlights the flaw in their nomination process; namely, dividing your delegates into too many parts is more likely to fracture your party rather than unite it. Democrats would be loathe to agree with anything Rush Limbaugh says, but he is correct when he says that the votes of Democrats don't matter; only the votes of superdelegates matter in this race.

The hand wringing among Democrats has begun (see this Democratic Daily piece for an example), and I can't blame those on the Left for their anxiety and nervousness.