Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Selective Outrage from the Left

Some blogs provide so much fodder for other bloggers that it's nearly too easy to lampoon them. Such is the site Delaware Liberal. At one time I actually found them to be interesting, but that was before one of their regular bloggers suggested rounding up and shooting Republicans.

Since then, I've become increasingly skeptical of their claims to either thought or sanity. Take this post by the usually delusional Pandora. Pandora is scared--really, really scared--because lots of people (almost half!) didn't want Barack Obama to be president, and a large segment of that population isn't rolling over and allowing Teh One to wreck the country without a fight. In short, she's really, really scared because there are critics of the Obama administration, and she's sure that some of them want to kill the president.

What I’m dismissing is this groups (sic) attempt to wrap themselves in the cloak of these rights and liberties and claim validation for an agenda whose sole purpose is ridding the country of Obama.

Emphasis mine.

What terrorist organization is Pandora referring to? Why, that well-known terrorist group known as Glenn Beck supporters. What, you never heard of this terrorist group? That must be a real oversight, because they advocate certain shocking and horrific ideas:
1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

I know. I know! These are truly horrible and stunning things to admit in the open that you might believe. Worse yet, these people actually think they have a right to protest the direction that Barack Obama and the Democrats might take us! Can you imagine? What awful things to advocate! Everyone knows that dissent is unpatriotic. Particularly when it is against a Democratic administration.



The Dumbaware Libs are obsessed with Glenn Beck and his We Surround Them campaign. In fact,the only thing that, seemingly, frightens them more than Glenn Beck and people who disagree with Teh One are gun owners (because the only gun owners they recognize are the ones who make newspaper headlines, not the millions of people who don't go on shooting rampages).

Keep in mind that these same people dismissed the assassination fantasies of the Left over the last eight years. They shrug at the film that muses on the death of President Bush. In their eyes, it's perfectly reasonable for such creative protests to be made.



But Barack Obama? That's a different story. We weren't supposed to take it seriously when liberal talk radio hosts joke about killing a Republican president. But let Rush Limbaugh say he "wants Obama to fail," and there are talks of treason.

The Dumbaware Liberal crowd has argued conservatives have no right to complain about spiralling deficits and fiscal irresponsibility by Democrats, since the GOP blew money over the last eight years. If that argument is permissible, then I think liberals should be enjoined from being "concerned" about dissent and protest against Teh One, since they weren't the least bit worried over the excesses shown by the Left over the last eight years.