Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dyn-O-Mite!

TV Land is running a special starting the week of December 11 on "The 100 Greatest TV Quotes and Catchphrases."

I'm a sucker for stuff like this. I love lists of stuff, although the top 100 rock 'n roll songs in history gets old after about the fourth year.

The TV Land list includes some great ones ("Baby, you're the greatest," "Aaay," "Up your nose with a rubber hose) and some that I'm not sure I would really put in the same category ("No new taxes," "I'm not a crook"). And just to be politically paranoid, why is it all the memorable political phrases are anti-Republican? Why isn't Ronald Reagan's famous zinger, "I will not take advantage of my opponent's youth and inexperience," not on the list?

I think the list would have been more enjoyable without the political stuff mixed in, but I was happy to see Johnny Olson's "Come on down!" listed.