Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And a Big Bowl of Crow!

Wowee! Congratulations to both the Democrats and the pollsters, who have earned a bit of respectability this election cycle by predicting Democrat gains (certainly better than me!).

As of this writing, Democrats have the House and are within one Senator of having the Senate. I must say I'm excited to see what the Democrats will do once they are in charge. No more whining. No more complaining. They'll have to actually produce ideas for the war in Iraq, keeping the economy going, dealing with illegal immigration, and a host of other issues.

For those Republicans who voted Democrat to "teach 'em a lesson," I hope you are happy with what you'll be getting, namely amnesty for illegal immigrants and gridlock over many issues (including judicial appointments if Dems win that).

I love American democracy. If people are really that unhappy with the way Republicans have been running things (and a great number are), then this is just the ticket. Unfortunately, I suspect that many of those unhappy aren't going to be happier with Democrats running Congress, especially if they start raising taxes and the economy tanks.

This is also, of course, a victory for the terrorists, who were pulling for Democrats to win as a slap in the face to President Bush. I am anxious to see what the super secret plan for Iraq is. My suspicion is that no matter how screwy the plan Dems come up with, they'll still blame President Bush.

Let the crow-eating begin!