Saturday, April 04, 2009

Where I've Been

I'm feeling chatty tonight, which is why there are so many little posts.

Looking at my blog page, I realized that my posts have been fewer and farther between than usual. There are many reasons for this (of course there are! Aren't there always?).

One reason is family. The kids are doing the spring soccer season this year, which means multiple practices and games every week. Three kids times 2 weekly practices plus Saturday games equals one busy and worn out mom. On top of this, spring seems to be the time for standardized testing, school programs, church activities and more. And all those things do come first.

The second reason for less blogging is that I've been spending less time on the computer because I've been reading several nonfiction books by Joe McGinniss. First was Fatal Vision, a fascinating recitation of the drama surrounding the 1970 slayings of Colette, Kimberly and Kristin MacDonald by their husband and father Jeffrey MacDonald, M.D. The case, in and of itself, is creepy and riveting enough, but the fact that there is a website proclaiming MacDonald's innocence gives the whole situation a surreal feel.

Next, I read Blind Faith, which concerned the murder for hire case of Robert O. Marshall. The case was much more obvious than the MacDonald case, but still fascinating.

Currently, I'm reading Cruel Doubt, which concerns yet another murder with family members as the primary suspects.

Anyway, that's where I've been. I'm hoping to post more in the future.