Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unlike the folks at Echidne's site, I find plenty to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for family and friends, healthy and (at least) reasonably happy.

I'm thankful for one more Thanksgiving with Dad.

I'm thankful for a warm home and enough to eat.

I'm thankful that there are those willing to fight for freedom around the world, protecting us and preventing future 9/11s.

I'm thankful my kids don't go to school in Seattle. I have to do enough deprogramming as it is.

I'm thankful I'm not blind to facts presented on video like Digby, who thinks resisting arrest should be acceptable and that when an officer repeatedly explains what one is being arrested for, that doesn't constitute warning.

Most of all, I'm thankful that I live in a country where even the people screaming we don't have free speech still have free speech.